5 Ways to Lift Your Spirits



5 Ways to Lift Your Spirits
by Susan Basko, Esq.

Life can be harsh sometimes.  If you need to lift your spirits quickly, here are some things that work for me.


1. Drink a cup of coffee.  When I really need to perk up, I drink a mug of dark roast coffee with a packet of hot chocolate mix blended in.  This gives me an energy boost that improves my mood.


2. Go for a walk. Breathe in the air.  Look at the sky.  Listen to birds.  Smell the trees and flowers.


3. Listen to music that you already know you like.  Or get on Youtube and browse around and find some music you haven't heard before.


4. Talk with a friend or relative.  Pick someone with whom you have an easy rapport.


5. Eat something healthy.  Fresh fruit or vegetables.  A big bottle of spring water.   A healthy sandwich.  A nice hot soup.

Another good idea is to go out and be nice to someone else or help someone else with a little chore.  Giving kindness to another person will almost always lift your spirits.

I hope this helps!

Happiness Runs in a Circular Motion.